Lil' Hustler Rules
“Harrison Co. Lil Hustlers 2017 Rulebook and Specifications.”
New Classes (click to expand/collapse)
- 16 hp Stock Small Tires Rules same as stock class
- 25 hp Stock Rules same as tock class except weight 1050-1100
- 16 Modified Open Rules same as modified class. Except cubic inch may run recast block
New Class 10-12 HP Sport Stock
All Hilliard general and safety rules will be strictly enforced
- 12 HP and under - Open RPM.
- Stock bore + .030 over.
- Camshaft - .330 lift max at valves.
- Valves - IN 1.380 - EX 1.125.
- No crankshaft stroking, steel cranks allowed.
- No piston pop up allowed.
- Porting & polishing allowed. No reverse port engines.
- Stock cast head. No recast or billet heads.
- Milling permitted no welding or altering.
- Single cylinders only.
- Carburetor shall be no larger than stock 30mm with 1” venturi.
- No spacers or velocity stacks allowed.
- Must be OEM carburetor.
- No pressure tanks
- Fuel will be E85 racing gas or Alcohol
- OEM factory ignition system.
- Chevy points allowed.
- Electronic ignition allowed.
- Must have steel flywheel - no cast iron.
- OEM manufactured blocks only.
- Tire size max 26x12x12.
- Professional tires and aluminum wheels allowed.
- 52” wheelbase, with OEM tractor frame.
- Tractor must have working kill switch
- Needs to shut off ign. and fuel.
- Fire Suits and helmets required.
- Engine must have scatter shield.
- On starter side, on inline concept.
- Attached to the head and frame.
- Run by the rules or don’t run.
- Rules will be enforced (if you know of a rule that is deliberately being broken, speak up).
- Keep pull moving (only the tractors that are in the class to pull will be parked beside the track).
- Know your place in line and when it is your turn, be ready to hook.
- You will be permitted only three minutes to get hooked to the sled once the sled is set and ready or you will forfeit your position and be dropped to the bottom of the class.
- No tractors parked on scales (scales are for weighing tractors). No adding weight or moving weights while on the scales.
- Have your tractor under control at all times (on or off track, return roads or pit area). Any operator or person associated with tractor operating in an unsafe manner or unsportsmanlike conduct will be disqualified from competition for the day. NO REFUNDS!
- Horseplay cannot and will not be tolerated on or off the track.
- All tractors must pass safety standards as determined by rules and officials.
- No aIcoholic beverage consumption allowed by members and/or drivers (anyone found drinking prior to or during will not be permitted to participate in that day’s events).
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Officers and trustees reserve the right to revoke anyone’s membership at any time.
- Refunds are at the discretion of the officers (a bad attitude does not warrant a refund).
- You must be entered into the class before the class starts to be eligible to pull.
- All prizes are the responsibility of the driver to obtain from the secretary after the class has finished pulling.
- Your pull is not over until after you have unhooked from the sled.
- Absolutely no air tanks or pumps beyond hitch height check. Hitch must be rechecked if you add air after initial check.
- When coming to a pull allow yourself enough time to get your tractor and weight adjusted for specific weight class you are pulling in.
- The officers reserve the right to tear down any tractor that they believe dosent meet the specifications of any part of the rules without protest. You must prove to the officer that you are within the specifications. The officer does not have to prove that you are not within the specifications.
- When the drivers meeting is called, the sign-up table is closed until after the National Anthem.
- No one has the right to be confrontational to anyone on the track.
- No arguing with track crew. They have final say. Arguing will result in you being sent home for the day
General Tractor Set-Up
- All tractors must have factory hood and stock grille. (Hood and Grille may be replaced with stock appearing grille and hood for weight purposes only)
- All tractors must be of garden tractor type, patented and factory built. NO HOMEMADE TRACTORS!
- All tractors must have stationary built seat. All seats must have a back at least 3” high with a 35 degree angle.
- All tractors must have stock working brakes.
- No engine over two-cylinder gasoline, and not to exceed 20 hp.
- Three-cylinder diesel will be permitted with a maximum of20 hp.
- Anti-roll equipment (wheelie bar) must be on tractor in case front end rises. Minimum 5” behind the rear wheels. Maximum 5” from the ground. Wheelie bars must be able to support the weight of the tractor. (No Lawn Mower wheels)
- Hitch Height: Maximum of l2” to 13” hitch. Hitch plate opening a minimum of 1 1/2” to provide for hook. Must be stationary in all directions. Opening must be painted white. Hitch will be checked at weigh in to make sure it meets specifications. Hook must hang free when hooked and unhooked. No binding.
- All tractors must weigh out immediately after leaving the track after a pull and have weight recorded by scale attendant.
- All weight must be securely fastened. No weight on seats or floorboards.
- Front weight boom or weight not to exceed 72” for stock and 84” for modified. Modified weight bar (rule #9) extended to 96”.
- No weight bar or parts permitted to extend out over 6” to the side of tractor.
- Weight and weight bars can not interfere with sled hook up;
- Weight may be changed around on tractor provided no extra weight is added.
- All tractors are subject to random weight checks. Refusal to be tom down will result in being sent home for the day’s events.
- No rear weight will be over 18” from rear axle.
- No part of any weights or weight bar brackets is to exceed to distance of23” from above center of rear axle.
- Small wheels and pneumatic tires, within reason are permitted on the front of tractor.
- No dual wheels or chains.
- All modified tractors must have working kill switch. It is optional on stock tractors.
- If you have a weight bar or post sticking up, it must be covered.
- All tractors must have fenders.
- There will not be any mixed fuels or alcohol permitted to be run. If it suspected, you will be asked to run exhibition,
- All tractors must have a clutch cover. Wheelie Bars: 5’ Wheel, l’ Wide
- You may run cut tires.
- Must have at least a I/8th thick x l “ wide x 3” long square steel pad or wheels at the end of your wheelie bars. Refer to diagram as a guide.
- All drivers under 18 must have written permission from parent or guardian, be physically capable of handling the tractor on their own, and wear a full faced helmet for safety. Parents may accompany young and new pullers.
- For the safety of the hook person the tractor must be in neutral and hands out to the side before the tractor will be hooked to the sled.
- Pullers must start from tight hitch, NO JERKING THE SLED.
- Drivers must have one hand on the steering wheel at all times.
- Leaning forward backward or to the side is permitted. Hands may be to your side or on the back of your seat, but not on your weight bar or under your fenders. At least half your butt must remain on your seat at all times. ABSOLUTELY NO FISH TAILING!
- Driver must stop tractor immediately upon signal from track official or flagger.
- Any violation or failure to comply with these rules will result in immediate disqualification.
- Any and all complaints must be made in writing to any committee member or sent to:
Harrison Co. Lil Hustlers
P.O. Box 128
Hopedale, OH 43976.
- Driver may bump up in horsepower class.
- Random tech checks will be made at all pulling events to ensure tractors are legal.
- There will be a driver meeting before each pull.
- If driver moves transfer sled under 50 feet and has a mechanical trouble, it will not constitute a pull.
- Once rules are voted on for the year, no changes can be made.
- If your tire touches the rope or outside the rope on either side of the track, you are out of bounds.
- If you make a full pull and your tractor comes down on or over the rope, you are still out of bounds.
- If your front tire is in the air over top of the rope and comes down inside of the rope, you are inbounds.
- If you are not working the track, or you are not the driver of the tractor on the track, you are not permitted to be on the track.
- You must pull your tractor in at least seven events to qualify for trophy pull. You may only pull in your regular class in the trophy pull to be eligible for a trophy.
- You will be disqualified for the class if you race out onto the track and race backwards to the sled. Go slow and easy for safety, you have three minutes.
- You may reweigh your tractor as many times as you need to.
- Once a class is started, NO MORE SIGN-UPS!
- You must weigh out in all weight classes, failure to do so will result in a disqualification. Weight will be recorded with the scale attendant.
- All exhibitions will run at the end of each class.
- Pulling Area will be approximately 25 ft x 200 ft maximum. Officers reserve the right to shrink or extend the track.
- Anything falling off your tractor once the sled is in motion to the time the red flag is thrown constitutes a disqualification. Anything falling off your person at that time does not constitute a disqualification.
- You must be 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license to operate the pull back tractor and the sled unless permission is given by an officer and guardians approval is given.
- All tractors must follow Harrison Co. Lil Hustlers rules and specifications.
- Any issue not covered by these rules will be voted on by officers and trustees present at the pull, majority rule is final ruling.
- There are fees for pulling to cover insurance: $10.00 day pass, $15.00 single membership for the season, $25.00 for a family of four for the season.
- There is a $5.00 fee per hook. Except for special events and money pulls.
- Remember the main purpose is to have FUN!
- Nobody has the right to touch anyone else’s tractor without the permission of the owner. If you are caught doing so, you will be barred. This is unsportsmanlike conduct.
- There will be no kids riding with their parent on track equipment, this is a safety issue.
- All members must be apart of the track crew at each and all events. Track crew jobs include Pullback tractor, sled operator, hook person, flagger, drag tractor operator, and scale attendant. If there is no help, a lottery will be put in place.
- Only the first pull counts on a tractor pulling multiple times in a class.
- Trophy Pull: 50% Money Payout & Ribbon for 1st Round, 2nd Round Trophy. $10.00 Hook. Money Pull Passed: Open to everyone
- 13 years old and younger.
- Must wear full faced helmet.
- Runs the same rules as stock class.
- Same general and conduct rules apply.
- 0-10 hp 950 lb and 1000 Ib classes.
- Foot throttle and hand throttle permitted.
- Exhaust must be in straight up position.
Stock Class Tractor Set-Up
- All tractors must have a stock tractor engine, stock starter, a working governor, .030 overbore will be considered stock, carburetor must be same as manufacturer as came on engine with l’ venturi, and you must keep intact choke, valves, cam (with maximum 3,24 lift), and stroke specifications must be stock for your engine. You may port and polish, and may run a counter balance.
- 4,500 RPM limit.
- Heads must be stock. No bilet heads or LP heads. You may plane the head!
- You are not required to run an air cleaner.
- You may run a foot pedal or hand throttle.
- Exhaust must be straight up. You can run a muffler that does not kick up dust.
- Electrical fuel pump is permitted.
- Rear axles are permitted to be locked together. IV!; p. (100
- Stock c1asses:0-l0hp 9501b: l000lb, 11-13 hp 950-1000 lb:, 11-14 stock classes, 16 Stock Classes and 17-20 Stock classes all run weights of 1050 and 1100.
- Tire sizes: 0-10hp23xl0.5x12max,(small tire 11-13max23xl0.5x12) 11-14hp 26xl2x12max, 16hp 26xl2x12max, 17-20hp 26xl2x12max. May run bar treads. Dick Cepeks are ok.
- NO STRETCHED FRAMES
- You may run a scatter shield.
- You must have a working reverse.
- Maximum wheelbase of 52”.
- Kill switches are optional.
- No stretched or cut frames, but you may modify frame to fit engine.
- You may change rear end gear or pulleys.
- Pump Gas, Diesel
Protest can be made only by a contestant in the same weight class before the next weight class starts.
- A $100.00 cash bond with written statement of items protested.
- A copy of specifications must be presented to a committee member to initiate protest.
- Protest tractor will be impounded to a specific location for the committee to do the checking.
- If protest tractor is legal $50.00 of the bond money will go to the tractor owner and driver.
- The other $50.00 will go to the club treasury.
- If the protested tractor is illegal, bond money will go back to protester.
- Owner or driver of illegal tractor will be disqualified from pulling and penalized all accumulated points and fined $50.00 payable to Harrison Co Ii1 Hustlers. All $100 will-go back to protestee.
- If contestant refuses to have tractor checked, he will be disqualified and not permitted to compete.
- Protested tractor can return to the competition only after item or items are proved to be in compliance with the rules.
- Owner driver or designate is responsible for tear down and reassembly of protested item.
Modified Tractor Set-Up
- No stretched or cut frames, but you may modify frame to fit engine.
- Anything over 4,000 RPM-no RPM limit
- 0-10 hp:24.5 cubic inch/, 11-14 hp:33 cubic inch/, 16 hp:37.5 cubic inch/, 15-20 hp:48 cubic in./
- MUST WEAR HELMET.
- Maximum wheel base is 52”.
- Reverse is optional.
- Transmission can have different gears.
- Rear ends can be welded.
- Center of rear axle to end of front weight bar or weight is 84”.
- Cub cadets must have support bearing or drive shaft guard.
- Modified tractors must have steel flywheel or scatter shields on flywheel. Scatter shields must be made of 5/16 metal, going completely around flywheel and bolted in four places to frame.
- Tires: 26x12x12 maximum.
- Fuel: Pump gas, Aviation gas, Racing gas, Diesel fuel, No Nitros, No Homemade fuel will be permitted. *Alcohol may be run in modified classes with the stipulation that you must wear a helmet as all modifieds do. Also you must wear a fire jacket.
- NO TURBOS.
- May run big valves, and big cams. There are no RPM limits or governors required.
- Whatever you can stuff into your stock block can run, as long as it is within your cubic in. class.
- May run a maximum 1.211 venturi.
- No multiple carburetors.
- All single cylinder modified engines must have a scatter shield opposite the earn side of the motor. It must be made 1/811 steel or 3/1611 aluminum. Must cover full height and width of block and be attached in a secure manner to frame and head or head plates.
- All other general tractor set-up applies.
- 0-10 mod 1000 16 mod 1050-14 mod 1050 Both rounds, all mods 1050#, except 10 mods
- Must have a clutch cover.
- Must have a kill switch.
All guidelines can be found in the “Harrison Co. Lil Hustlers 2017 Rulebook and Specifications.”